With the support of the Mediators Association of Georgia and the European Law Students Association (ELSA Georgia) an event were held School of Law and Competition in Mediation in mediation.
The purpose of the project is to enhance both theoretical and practical knowledge related to mediation among the law students and the young lawyers.
35 best participants were selected in the project, who were actively involved in the lecture process for a week.
Issues to be discussed:
- The alternative ways of resolving of disputes; The essence and importance of mediation; the comparative advantage of mediation over other alternative methods of the dispute resolution;
- Ethical foundations and principles of mediation; the importance of mediation in development of Georgian Law, Georgian Law “on Mediation”.
- Mediation process (opening, preparation, negotiation);
- Participating parties in mediation, the role of the mediator in the mediation process;
- Forms of mediation production;
- Appropriate verbal communication through mediation, confidence building, active listening techniques, sharing emotions.
Upon graduating from law school, participants were divided into groups of 3 and are currently preparing for a mediation competition.